This is a full-time, 100% remote role. Due to some reasons this role is EU/Europe only unless you are a GREAT fit. You want to know more about the bigger picture behind the hiring? Check out this article and the general hiring page.
Through passion, DevOps expertise and opinionated cloud platforms (based on Kubernetes) we accelerate an increasing number of SaaS customers and their development teams. The typical customer size is anywhere between 2 to 40 developers. We are their trusted DevOps team and have long-term cooperations with our customers.
To ensure we keep the finger on the pulse and to increase the value customers can get out of our tool-chest, we want to professionalise further and deepen the relationship with our customers. That's why we created this new role of Technical Account Manager in the Customer Success circle (more about that below).
Maybe this role is the next challenge you're looking for?
What does your job look like?
As our first Technical Account Manager, you have the chance to shape our strategic approach to the DevOps relationship with our customers. In this relationship-focused role with a technical (Cloud/DevOps) aspect, you are responsible for the customer journey from onboarding until off-boarding (although the latter is quite exceptional 😁).
Working with CTO's and development leads at customers, you understand where they are coming from, where they are now and where they want to go. You are perfectly placed to bring the right expertise, the right technology and right approach from our toolbox to them. Most importantly, you'll do it at the right time, bringing them to a higher (DevOps and cloud maturity) level each time.
Working closely with the customer, the Cloud Support Engineer and other circles, you are the main coordinator of the work we do and expertise we deliver. You also provide your colleagues with the customer context they need to deliver their work in the best way possible.
You have the pulse on the finger of all customer needs. This also provides you the opportunity to feed the evolution of our own services (like DevOps-as-a-Service) and solutions (like our Kubernetes blueprint for SaaS). Maybe you can even trigger the creation of new services or solutions and create new opportunities? Note: this is NOT a role with upselling goals. You focus on the customer needs.
What we’d love about you
- Some experience with technical account management, customer success or similar roles where having an ongoing customer relationship is key
- Customer focused: you can understand their needs, know what matters for them and are accepted as their guide
- Be a technology generalist that has knowledge of multiple domains and is naturally curious
- Project Management skills are welcome
- Have a desire to grow and innovate
- Having a consultative/guiding and proactive nature
- Experience with DevOps, public cloud, cloud native architectures and/or SaaS (teams) is definitely a plus
Like with all Skyscrapers, we expect:
- Respect, honesty and transparency are important values to us
- Excellent writing skills, both for documents and in communication
- To be professional and ready to take responsibility wherever needed
- Open mindset and willing to give AND receive feedback
- A mindset of continuous improvement: for yourself as a person and for the team your work in
For this role we're looking at a yearly compensation of between € 65K and € 120K. This needs some explanation.
We all say money doesn’t make us happy, but it better be right. Only then can we do what we love and grow. At Skyscrapers compensation is discussed openly. Internally we are fully transparent: on pay, how much money is in the bank, etc. When figuring out how much you should make, our starting point is our current compensation model, what you'll be contributing, where you live and what you need. In one of the last conversations we'll put it all on the table in all transparency. We’ll be very open and honest with you. We hope the same from you.
What else do we offer you?
So much! remote working, flexible work-times, personal development through our resident personal coach and so on. Too much to list here. Check out the hiring page for details.
The Customer Success Circle
The people in this circle build and maintain a working relationship with our customers and understand their context to allow us to successfully use everything Skyscrapers has to offer. You'll have have full authority over all (technical) customer interactions, relationship management (technical/operational) and customer operations.
Together with the Expert Circle and Platform Circle this circle forms what constitutes our DevOps-as-a-Service offering, beloved by our customers.
Want to know more?
- Check out this blog article that came with this job post for more context.
- For information on working at Skyscrapers, benefits, hiring process, etc check out the hiring page.
- Want to know how we make our customer feel? Check out our customers’ praise page.
You think we are the right fit for you? Great, the next step is easy ... apply below!