For the Runtime Circle we are looking for a person that can fill the role of Site Reliability Engineer as primary role.
About the role
Skyscrapers is building a Reference Architecture so our customer can have a container based workflow from commit to production. The Runtime Platform is the part of this architecture where the containers run.
Following a productization strategy with strong standards we integrate best-of-breed technologies like AWS ECS, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Vault, etc to provide a reliable, scalable and secure platform.
This is the responsibility of the Runtime Circle where the Site Reliability Engineer role is key.
Your key responsibilities
This role is a combination of ops, engineering and development:
- Support Customer Success in setting up and maintaining platforms for customers
- Ensure the operational availability, performance and efficiency of the various components that form the Runtime Platform
- Implement effective monitoring to keep track of health and availability of all platforms
- Ensure a high release velocity of components by participating in the productization effort
- Increase the automation levels of the components by codifying operational best practices
- Participate in a 24/7 rotation and emergency response (company wide) and some other non-24/7 shared responsibilities
- Potentially take up other roles as well (secondary roles)
Skills, Experience and Qualities we're specifically looking for
Besides the things we look for in all of our future colleagues (See What we value:)
- Experience with software engineering, systems engineering and/or operations.
- Strong knowledge around the technologies we use (see below)
- Ability to keep pace with a high change velocity while maintaining stability and reliability.
- Debugging complex systems for breakfast
- Absolute love for automation
For this role we're looking for expertise on the following technologies. The more you know the better, the less you know the more you can learn.
- Public cloud providers/IaaS/PaaS: Amazon Web Services is our core provider for the moment. We will be looking at Azure, Google Cloud and maybe others soon.
- Container platforms: AWS ECS, Kubernetes, (AWS EKS), Google Kubernetes and other container engines
- Knowledge on monitoring (we use Prometheus)
- Go and other languages
Other skills and experience that we welcome
We'll also be looking at giving you one or more secondary roles. So if you possess any of the following skills and expertise and think you can help us with them be sure to mention them:
- Having an Associate or Professional level AWS certificate
- CI/CD workflows and technologies (we use Concourse)
- General Linux sysops skills
- Database skills (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Neo4J, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, etc)
During the interview process we will identify the additional roles together.