For the Customer Success Circle we are looking for a person that can fill the role of Cloud Engineer as primary role.
About the role
Skyscrapers has various kinds of customers: they range from custom built cloud platforms based on Packer-builds and Puppet managed instances to the fully standardized container based platforms we've been building lately. The Customer Success circle is the group that works directly with our customers to deliver that technology and provide the necessary guidance.
The role of Cloud Engineer fills the important aspect of effectively deploying platforms, maintaining them (configuration, etc) and doing custom engineering work for our customers.
Your key responsibilities
This role is mostly a systems engineering role:
- Setup of new platforms for (new) customers
- Implementing bugfixes and new features on a customer’s infrastructure
- Operational coverage, follow up and solve incidents
- Participate in a 24/7 rotation and emergency response (company wide) and some other non-24/7 shared responsibilities
- Potentially take up other roles as well (secondary roles)
Skills, Experience and Qualities we're specifically looking for
Besides the things we look for in all of our future colleagues (See What we value:)
- Experience with system engineering and/or operations.
- Technical knowledge on our technologies
- Knowledge of common application architectures and development workflows
- Knowledge of common technologies (frameworks, databases, cloud components, etc) customers may use to build their applications and how they are best used together.
For this role we're looking for expertise on the following technologies. The more you know the better, the less you know the more you can learn.
- Public cloud providers/IaaS/PaaS: Amazon Web Services is our core provider for the moment. We will be looking at Azure, Google Cloud and maybe others soon.
- Container platforms: AWS ECS, Kubernetes
- AWS CodeDeploy
- Terraform, Puppet
- Icinga, Prometheus and other monitoring tools
- Customer technologies:
-- Application: PHP, Node.JS, Ruby, Java, etc and related frameworks
-- Database: Elasticsearch, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra, etc
Other skills and experience that we welcome
We'll also be looking at giving you one or more secondary roles. So if you possess any of the following skills and expertise and think you can help us with them be sure to mention them:
- Having an Associate or Professional level AWS certificate
- CI/CD workflows and technologies (we use Concourse)
- General Linux sysops skills
- Database skills (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Neo4J, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, etc)
During the interview process we will identify the additional roles together.
Current job openings.
Lead Engineer (Customer success)
For the Customer Success Circle we are looking for a person that can fill the role of Lead Engineer as primary role. This role would ideally by combined with a more technical role that we have open
Site Reliability Engineer (Runtime Circle)
Skyscrapers is building a Reference Architecture so our customer can have a container based workflow from commit to production. The Runtime Platform is the part of this architecture where the containers run.
Following a productization strategy with strong standards we integrate best-of-breed technologies like AWS ECS, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Vault, etc to provide a reliable, scalable and secure platform.