Be part of a growing company that puts people first
Be part of a growing company that is on the cutting edge of cloud native computing and that puts people first. Our geographically distributed team values personal growth, freedom to act and maximum transparency and using cutting edge technology to create a work environment that fosters creativity, innovation and personal growth.
Why are we here
Our customers are growing technology companies that build online software: API's, platforms, SaaS, etc based on open technology and want to adopt a cloud native way of working.
The public cloud, related platform technology and best practices keep innovating at a rapid pace and are increasingly complex. Our customers need to focus on their applications and business. It is challenging for them to stay up to date and finding/maintaining expertise. That is where we come in.
Besides providing ongoing guidance and advice we also build, manage and evolve hosting platforms for them on public cloud providers. The majority of our workload today is still on Amazon Web Service although we are planning on expanding to other providers as well.
We are heavily investing in developing solutions and services around container based workloads (Kubernetes, Docker, etc) and growing our activities around serverless architectures (like AWS Lambda). We believe both are the only way forward for our customers.
How do we work
We're a not your typical 9 to 5 top-down-power company with a nice daily commute:
- Distributed working: Your colleagues won't sit next to you physically. You work from the location where you work best: home, coworking space or maybe even a more exotic remote location for a while. We sync up through various tools like Slack, Zoom video calls, GitHub, etc. To bond and go deeper from time to time we organise regular team get-togethers and retreats in nice locations.
- Our goal is to become 100% self-organising: Mind you, this doesn’t mean no rules. But it does mean you get a chance to grow and make a difference. We are strongly experimenting with models like Sociocracy and Teal principles.
- Role-driven job descriptions: Instead of having a single job description, you will probably be holding multiple roles in multiple circles depending on your skills, passions and desires. This allows for a very organic evolution of yourself and the organisation.
- Self growth: We believe that an organisation can only grow if the people in that organisation grow in the first place. This means you'll be expected to set out your own path but supported by the opportunities the organisation offers.
- 100% transparency: one of our core values. We believe everybody should have access to all information in all areas of the company at all times: decision-flows, compensation, contracts, planning, etc. Only then can we expect people to make the right decisions.
- Result oriented: Your productivity should speak for itself, rather than number of hours spent or when you spent them.
And it doesn’t stop here. One of our goals is to build an organisation that will redefine how companies are built. It will be a great adventure, albeit a bumpy one at times while we figure this out.
What do we offer you?
- A work environment with a high degree of involvement
- Work with bleeding edge open source and cloud technology
- A market compliant, fair compensation
- Location independence, no energy draining commute
- Flexible work-times (pick up your kid from school, enjoy the beach, do some sports, ...)
- A team that understands that personal life goes on during business hours.
- Payed conferences
- Generous vacation allocation
- Contract types:
- For non-Belgian people (today 50% of our company): due to practical reasons we will hire you as an independent consultant but with a high degree of security. In any case you are considered as an integral part of the team.
- For Belgian people: we offer an employee-contract including a mobile subscription, Hospitalisation (DKV), contributions for working from home+internet, computer/mobile phone (or BYOD) and meal vouchers.
What does the hiring process look like
We are a remote company and don't have the luxury of meeting you in person right away. With that in mind we tend to be a bit more thorough so we can get a good picture of you.
- We start with an initial screening of your application where we look at relevant experience, quality of writing, etc
- Before we start talking we'd like you to do an online assessment to get better view on your personality and professional traits. It should take around 30 minutes of your time.
- First talk via video call to introduce one another, talk through the process and get some basics covered. We try to keep it short.
- One or more interviews with the hiring circles, the teams you'll be working with
- We'll do a couple of reference checks
- Final talk to go a bit deeper on values, how the hiring process went for you and for us, etc. If that goes well we …
- We make an offer!