Why are we here
Our customers are a growing number of SaaS and digital product companies. They use open technologies and adopt a cloud native way of working.
We help our customer accelerate their journey by taking care of the developer platform: the cloud foundation beneath the applications they deploy. We build it, maintain it, support it and make sure they get all the knowledge and help to move forward. Basically DevOps-as-a-Service (we know
DevOps is not the right word here, but you get the picture 😊).
For more details, check out services.
How do we work
We're a not your typical 9 to 5 top-down-power company with a nice daily commute:
- Distributed working: Your colleagues won't sit next to you physically. You work from the location where you work best: home, coworking space or maybe even a more exotic remote location for a while. We sync up through various tools like Slack, Zoom video calls, GitHub, etc. To bond and go deeper from time to time we organise regular team get-togethers and retreats in nice locations.
- Our goal is to become 100% self-organising: Mind you, this doesn’t mean no rules. But it does mean you get a chance to grow and make a difference. We are strongly experimenting with models like Sociocracy and Teal principles.
- Role-driven job descriptions: Instead of having a single job description, you will probably be holding multiple roles in multiple circles depending on your skills, passions and desires. This allows for a very organic evolution of yourself and the organisation.
- Self growth: We believe that an organisation can only grow if the people in that organisation grow in the first place. This means you'll be expected to set out your own path but supported by the opportunities the organisation offers.
- We have a personal development coach that you can plan sessions with and that supports as a team. It is not just about the mind and the business.
- 100% transparency: one of our core values. We believe everybody should have access to all information in all areas of the company at all times: decision-flows, compensation, contracts, planning, etc. Only then can we expect people to make the right decisions.
- Result oriented: Your productivity should speak for itself, rather than number of billable hours spent (actually we almost don't) or when you spent them.
- Cats and other pets are welcome: Meet them here.
And it doesn’t stop here. One of our goals is to build an organisation that will redefine how companies are built. It will be a great adventure, albeit a bumpy one at times while we figure this out.
What do we offer you?
- A work environment with a high degree of involvement
- Work with bleeding edge open source and cloud technology
- A market compliant, fair compensation
- Location independence, no energy draining commute
- Flexible work-times (pick up your kid from school, enjoy the beach, do some sports, ...)
- A team that understands that personal life goes on during business hours.
- Payed conferences
- Generous vacation allocation
- Contract types:
- For non-Belgian people (today 50% of our company): due to practical reasons we will hire you as an independent consultant but with a high degree of security. In any case you are considered as an integral part of the team.
- For Belgian people: we offer an employee-contract including a mobile subscription, Hospitalisation (DKV), contributions for working from home+internet, computer/mobile phone (or BYOD) and meal vouchers.
What does the hiring process look like
We are a remote company and don't have the luxury of meeting you in person right away. With that in mind we tend to be a bit more thorough so we can get a good picture of you.
- We start with an initial screening of your application where we look at relevant experience, quality of writing, etc
- First talk via video call to introduce one another, talk through the process and get some basics covered. We try to keep it short. Ask all questions you need to ask!
- One or more interviews with the hiring circles, the teams you'll be working with
- We'll do a couple of reference checks
- Final talk to go a bit deeper on values, how the hiring process went for you and for us, etc. If that goes well we …
- We make an offer!