We're hiring: looking for a junior cloud engineer!Published on May 7, 2014 by Frederik Denkens
The role is a mix of development and operations. A selection of the most common day-to-day tasks you’ll eventually be doing (after a period of intense coaching and training):
- Supporting the dev teams at our customers through various communication channels. This is mostly a mix of configuration changes, dev questions, troubleshooting, etc.
- Help design and build hosting-platforms in the cloud and help the customers deploy their applications.
- Keep the customer-applications up and running by proactively monitoring and improving the hosting-platforms.
- Develop internal applications, integrate various software components and services, script automations, etc
- Take part in the 24/7 pager-duty-rotation to respond to incidents and alerts (and think of ways to prevent them the next time)
Eventually you’ll be let loose with following technologies:
- Amazon Web Services, Linode, …
- Blazemeter, New Relic, ..
- Linux, Ubuntu, Puppet, Nagios, …
- Apache, Nginx, Varnish, Node.js, …
- Bash, PHP, Ruby, Python, Java, …
- Various SQL flavours, CouchDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, …
- are an honest, happy, positive, kind and no-bullshit person that likes talking to and helping people.
- know about DevOps and believe it’s the key to global peace (well, almost)
- automate stuff.
- have a flexible attitude on working times, role, etc whenever the job requires it (works both ways of course).
- stay on the cutting edge of the latest and coolest on tech topics. Even better: you actively participate in the tech communities.
- can be focused, self-organised and autonomous.
- are comfortable and adapt well to an environment where change is a constant.
- communicate well and write well.
- don’t mind working remotely, with your colleagues not sitting next to you most of the time.
- speak and write fluently in English and Dutch. French is a bonus!
- Your own choice of weapons (laptop, smartphone, etc)
- Location independence: work from home, work from a coworking space, etc with the only limitation being a timezone
- A team that understands life doesn’t stop at 9:00 am, when work starts. Flexibility for everybody.
- Hospitalisation insurance
- Mobile subscription and internet connection at home
- If based in Belgium: meal vouchers
- Chance to work with cool technology in an innovative market
We’re looking forward to meeting you!